HONEY GLAZED ROASTED CARROTS
At BACI Kitchen, we love to find new ways to cook classic dishes. And this is no exception. Glazed carrots are a popular side dish, but they’re often too sweet, too mushy or too bland. Our key to preserving flavor and body is turning the act of glazing on its head.
This is a super quick and easy recipe. Just toss the carrots in butter and EVOO with a good pinch of salt and pepper, then drizzle with honey. We add just enough water to perfectly cook the carrots through. Once the water cooks off, the remaining butter and honey acts as the coating and glaze. This is a technique we’ve learned to love for all kinds of vegetables.
2 pounds carrots
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon BACI Kitchen's EVOO
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Parsley, for garnish (optional)
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Peel carrots and halve crosswise, then cut lengthwise if necessary to create even-sized pieces.
3. In large bowl, toss carrots with melted butter and EVOO. Incorporate garlic, salt, pepper, then drizzle with honey. Add water.
4. Transfer carrots onto foil or parchment-lined baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
5. Cover baking sheet tightly with foil and cook for 15-minutes.
6. Remove foil and continue to cook, stirring twice, until carrots are caramelized and tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
6. Transfer to serving platter, season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley, if using. Serve.
Roasted chicken, roasted pork, meatloaf, ham, turkey, crispy pan fried fish.
All types of carrots are suitable for this recipe - just make certain they are even-sized pieces.
Roasted carrots take about 30-minutes at 425F. A hot oven works best so you can the carrots caramelize without getting too soft and wrinkled.
Roasted carrots can be made ahead of time. The best way is to get them out of the oven when they are tender-crisp, not super soft. They will hold up in the refrigerator up to 5-days. Simply reheat in the microwave.