GARLIC MUSHROOMS WITH BACI KITCHEN'S EVOO AND DARK BALSAMIC VINEGAR
This easy mushroom tapas recipe is ready in less than 10 minutes. Rich with garlic and parsley, it makes a delicious side dish as well.
RECIPE (Serves 2):
- 1 cup mushrooms (I like Porcini)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon BACI Kitchen Napa Valley Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon BACI Kitchen 100% Italian EVOO
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch dried chili flakes
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Gently wipe the mushrooms to remove any dirt.
- Depending on their size, leave the mushroom whole and halve any larger mushrooms. You want them to be bite-sized.
- Heat the olive oil in pan over a high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes, until the liquid starts to release.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the crushed garlic, chili flakes and smoked paprika.
- Add the balsamic vinegar. Simmer for 5-minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir through the parsley. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with sliced baguette.
TIPS: This recipe serves 2, but you can easily double, triple or quadruple the ratios. If making larger quantities, then use a larger sauté pan or prepare in two separate batches. If the pan is too crowded, the mushrooms will simmer rather than sauté - then you won't get those lovely, flavor-packed, golden edges.