WE SHIP FRESH ANYWHERE IN THE US.
GARLIC MUSHROOMS WITH BACI KITCHEN'S EVOO AND DARK BALSAMIC VINEGAR
This easy mushroom tapas recipe is ready in less than 10 minutes. Rich with garlic and parsley, it makes a delicious side dish as well.
RECIPE (Serves 2):
- 1 cup mushrooms (I like Porcini)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon BACI Kitchen Napa Valley Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon BACI Kitchen 100% Italian EVOO
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch dried chili flakes
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Gently wipe the mushrooms to remove any dirt.
- Depending on their size, leave the mushroom whole and halve any larger mushrooms. You want them to be bite-sized.
- Heat the olive oil in pan over a high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes, until the liquid starts to release.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the crushed garlic, chili flakes and smoked paprika.
- Add the balsamic vinegar. Simmer for 5-minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir through the parsley. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with sliced baguette.
TIPS: This recipe serves 2, but you can easily double, triple or quadruple the ratios. If making larger quantities, then use a larger sauté pan or prepare in two separate batches. If the pan is too crowded, the mushrooms will simmer rather than sauté - then you won't get those lovely, flavor-packed, golden edges.