TO-DIE-FOR OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC DIP
This garlic and herb mixture is a total flavor bomb. When topped with our 100% pure Italian EVOO, it transforms into a delicious dip for bread. Keep extra olive oil nearby so you can always top the plate with more.
RECIPE (Serves 4 - 6):
1/2 cup BACI Kitchen's extra virgin olive oil 2 garlic cloves, or more if you like it extra garlicky 3 Tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese 2 Tablespoons capers, drained 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano Pinch of sea salt Fresh cracked pepper, to taste A sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes, optional to make it spicy Baguette, cubed
1. Finely mince the garlic and capers. Add to a bowl along with the oregano, rosemary, thyme and cheese. Season with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Use the back of a spoon to smoosh the herbs into the garlic and capers.
2. Make one of two mounds of the garlic-herb mixture on a rimmed plate. Drizzle the olive oil on top. Serve with cubed baguette slices.
- This recipe can be prepared a day or two in advance. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, add the mixture to a plate and top with olive oil.
- If you crave the saltiness, add capers.
- Use high quality olive oil. The olive oil from BACI Kitchen 100% pure Italian extra virgin olive oil, and it isn't as expensive as other premium brands.
- Adding a splash of olive oil is never a bad idea. May we recommend: BACI Kitchen's Napa Valley Dark Balsamic Vinegar.