GOLDEN BROWN CHICKEN WITH CREAMY LEMON MUSTARD SAUCE
This delicious recipe has tender, melt-in-your-mouth chicken breasts and our silky, award-winning lemon mustard sauce. It's quick and easy to make - great for busy weeknights but tasty enough for company.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
CALORIES: 370 per serving
2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
1 cup BACI Kitchen Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Flour for dredging
3 Tablespoons butter, divided
1 Tablespoon BACI Kitchen EVOO
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Prepare your chicken (cut it in half lengthwise so you have 4 smaller cutlets). Sprinkle them with the garlic powder and salt and pepper, then coat them in the flour.
2. Heat the EVOO and half the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Once the pan is hot add the chicken pieces and cook them for 4-5 minute per side or until they're golden. Once the chicken is browned, take out of the pan and set aside.
4. Take the pan off the heat and add the rest of the butter and 1 cup of BACI Kitchen Lemon Mustard vinaigrette.
5. Return the pan to the stove and adjust the heat to medium. Stir the sauce until the butter and the mustard sauce are incorporated.
6. Once the sauce is simmering, add the chicken back in. Allow the chicken to cook for 5 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through) and the sauce is reduced to your liking.
1. As you will be cutting them in half lengthwise, use a fairly large boneless/skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
2. If the sauce is reducing too much, add more Lemon Mustard vinaigrette, or a little cream.
WINE PAIRING: The mustard in the sauce produces a pungent, tangy component. A crisp Chardonnay will complement this dish beautifully. You could also try a Sauvignon Blanc - one with citrus, melon, tropical and floral notes.