WE SHIP FRESH ANYWHERE IN THE US.
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD WITH CHICKEN, APPLES AND PECANS
This light and fresh Strawberry Spinach Salad makes the perfect summer dinner – filled with strawberries, nuts, and grilled chicken. Add creamy goat cheese, apples and avocado for the ultimate bite!
- Spinach: For that extra fiber punch. You can sub Kale or Green Leaf.
- Berries: I use a combo of fresh strawberries and apples.
- Avocado: A standard in most of my salads. Adds a touch bit of creaminess.
- Goat Cheese: Adds a nice tang, plus it melts a little when the chicken hits it.
- Pecans: For nutrients and a little crunch.
- Chicken: Seasoned simply with salt and pepper. Grill for a nice sear.
- Dressing: I make a vinaigrette using BACI Kitchen EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar. I love the flavor combo with the goat cheese, chicken, avocado and strawberries.
- Preheat Grill: Preheat grill to medium high heat, approximately 350°- 400°F.
- Make the Dressing: to a small bowl add BACI Kitchen Balsamic Vinegar and EVOO, dijon mustard, raw honey, dried basil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together until emulsified and set aside.
- Season & Grill Chicken: Pat chicken breast dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken on a clean grill and grill each side for 4-6 minutes or until there internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Assemble the Salad: In a large bowl, add spinach, strawberries, apples, avocado, pecans, crumbled goat cheese and then top with sliced grilled chicken. Serve with BACI Kitchen's Balsamic Vinaigrette.